Employment type: Part-Time
Reports to: Artistic Director
Fee: $50/hour; hours vary depending on ensemble
Children's Chorus of Washington (CCW) seeks part-time piano accompanist for the upcoming season.
- Provide piano accompaniment for auditions, rehearsals, and performances for 2017-2018 season, which is
- September through June
- Collaborate with the Conductor and Artist Director to prepare music materials
- Work with the choral ensemble in the absence of the Artistic Director or in sectionals and small group
- Meet/communicate with the chorus staff prior to and during the season as needed to discuss
- rehearsal/performance requirements (i.e. music materials, supplies, instruments, room setups) and other
- relevant topics
- Follow the rehearsal and performance schedules provided by the chorus (start time, finish time) and avoid
- any delay or overtime without prior approval by chorus
- Give the chorus staff 24-hours' notice if an unavoidable circumstance prevents you from reporting to
- Maintain professional behavior, courtesy, and language around all participants, colleagues, and general
- public at all times
- Provide appropriate identifications to chorus for inspection and copying and fill out Form I-9 prior to the
- first rehearsal
- Submit time sheets promptly in accordance with the payroll schedule
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree (minimum); Master's degree or higher (preferred); or comparable educational or
- professional experience in accompanying
- Excellent sight reading and music transposition skills
- Experience in working with young singers through high school
- Availability to participate in required chorus activities
- Concert Chorus and Chamber Ensemble - Tuesday and Thursday 6:00-8:30 p.m.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put Accompanist Application in
the subject line.
Children’s Chorus of Washington Internship Program
As integral members of the Children’s Chorus of Washington (CCW) team, CCW interns build their professional portfolios while contributing to the mission and operations of one of the nation’s finest children’s choruses through a combination of practical work experience, personal projects, and mentorship. CCW internships are unpaid and consist of a flexible schedule (10-20 hour work week) that runs concurrent with the academic semester schedule (Fall – September through December; Spring – January through April; and Summer – mid-May through August).
To Apply for an Internship:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Academic Internship Credit:
CCW will work with any college/university to grant internship credit upon request. The intern must present all required paperwork in a timely manner and facilitate communications between CCW and their school.
Interns will gain experience in:
- General Management and Nonprofit Management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Music Education and Chorus Management