There is NO limit to how many different ways you can volunteer and support the chorus. Here are some volunteer opportunities:
- Sign-in Table at Rehearsals: CCW volunteers cover the sign-in table at weekly rehearsals on a rotating schedule, and provide supervision in the hallways during rehearsal hours, so that all of our students are accounted for at all times.
- Late Pick-up Supervision after Rehearsals: Volunteers stay 5-10 minutes after rehearsal sessions so that students whose parents run a few minutes late to pick up their children have adult supervision until they are picked up.
- CCW Concert Volunteers: CCW concerts are the major highlights of our chorus season, and the CCW staff welcomes volunteer support to help manage the choristers and hundreds of patrons who deserve the best choral experience. Volunteers have lots of fun working together to assist patrons and supervise chorus members backstage, which gives you direct access to the excitement of a live concert.
- Chaperones for Tours and Trips: Tours and trips are the highlights for our choral ensembles (Concert Chorus, Young Men’s Ensemble, Bel Canto Chorus). Depending on the tour program, CCW parents are encouraged to sign up as tour chaperones and take a leadership role that ensures a fulfilling experience for the students. In addition, CCW families may be invited to participate in “shadow” tours and travel alongside the chorus and enjoy unique performances on the tour route.
- Administrative Tasks in CCW Offices: While music rehearsals and performances are the most visible activities, many hours of administrative work is handled by the CCW staff each week. From preparing/filing music to simple data entry, we always have a “to-do-list” for volunteers who can spend a few hours in the office to help us out.
- Provide professional skills/service to support CCW: As a small nonprofit organization with many operational needs and limited resources, we invite chorus volunteers whose professional skills could support and advance CCW to work with us. Whether it’s your professional affiliation, expertise, or resources, we would love to find a way to get you involved!
- Distribute collateral in your community: Whether you can bring a stack of postcards to your office, or hang a poster in your local grocery store, getting the word out about our events and auditions is really helpful in spreading the word about what we do at CCW. We also welcome leads for neighborhood newsletters, listservs, and bulletin boards.
- Parent Volunteer Committee: We invite CCW parents to be involved in their child's chorus experience by participating in various committees including, ensemble mentor committees, event planning committees, uniform committees, etc.